Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 4, 2010

Happy Easter. We are traveling on our way home from California. TEK have been so good (so far) long long ride for young active kids. Much has changed since my last writing. We are having a girl. Most likely her name will be Sophia May (after Keith’s angel month), but we continue to think of new names. The due date isstill June 29, but with my terrible rash (PUPP) I am hoping for a earlier due date. Plus my insurance will switch on me end of June an d I don’t want to meet the copay twice. We are excited. I am nervous if I remember all there is about newborns, I am 27 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I’m hoping to make it back to Utah without any prenatal complications. That way, if there are any , I could be transported to a IHC hospital. Yes, 17 years with a company made me bias and I think they give good care. Today is also General conference (and Easter). I’d like to be in Utah where we can listen to KSL as we drive. We bought a timeshare and got to try out their Oceanside unit. I might say, I’d take Capistrano beach any day over Oceanside, but at least we were only 25 minutes away from Dana Point, and of course we went there. I sat on the beach and watched the high waves, a sea lion, Kayla playing in the water. Steve took Eric and Trevor on search of tide pools. It has been an enjoyable trip. I had a conference in Las Vegas and presented on EMRs from Sunday through Tuesday. Then Wednesday through Saturday we were in California. We took the kids to Sea World (twice), The Flower Fields of Carlsbad (pretty, but my choice, the kids weren’t as enthused), and the Science museum in Balb oa Park. All in all a very enjoyable trip with no pregnancy complications, except for the miserable PUPP that has now spread to my neck, arms, and legs. Of course it is still on my stomach, breasts, and back. I l look like a teenager going through puberty. It is bad and no relief from antihistamines, topical steroids, and prednisone. Plus I don’t want to take too much in case it harms the baby.
On the other side, Steve was offered his first principal position at Polk Elementary. He is very excited. I know this means that truly I do not need to work, but I really do like my job. In fact, I will be starting to work on my Doctoral degree in education. I am only taking three classes a year, and will do this if they allow me to study from home on Wednesdays. That is short day for TEK, so I only work a half day and with Sophie coming, I’d love to have every Wednesday and Friday off to be with her. I’d like to find someone who can help me on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 5-6 hours. Mondays I will probably take her to work or see if my folks can help. I do worry about my old age, and expecting again. If only I could have the wisdom I have now, and be 10 years younger and prego. Once she is big enough, I will use the much loved WSU preschool extended hour program. Hoping it works out as nice as I dream of. Now I just need to find someone for Tuesdays and Thursdays. Steve will be busy with his new job and he has worked so hard. I am so proud of him and love him so much. He (like always) drives the whole trip which lets me type, read, focus on kids, and pass out munchies and travel presents.

Life has been good, I’m happy to be expecting again and renew my belief inlife through birth. I needed this. I hope and pray all continues to go well and I will hold this little girls in my arms in 9 weeks. Kayla is looking forward to a sister too. So are the boys, as they say it maybe Kayla will leave them alone. Loving life and am grateful for my husband, 2 boys, 2 girls, and my 2 angels.

No comments: